With water restrictions now in effect in Tarrant County, reducing our outdoor watering is important. Using soaker hoses will help you keep your lawn and garden looking beautiful while conserving water. By allowing water to seep directly into the soil, soaker hoses put the water right where it is needed. Additional benefits to using soaker hoses are:
- Time – turn on and water. No moving sprinklers or hand watering.
- Money – you’ll use less water since the water is directed where it is needed
- Plants – soaker hoses help to minimalize leaf diseases
- Environment – you’re saving water!
Tips for using soaker hoses
- Keep hoses kink free to avoid blockage of water flow
- Flush the hose occasionally to remove debris that may block water flow
- Cover your soaker hose with 2-3 inches of mulch. This will protect the hose from sun damage and help to retain moisture.
- Use a battery operated timer to make your job even easier and limit the amount of watering time.
You can find soaker hoses and all of your gardening needs at Mansfield Feed!