Texas Ag & Timber Exemption Registration Number

Beginning Jan. 1, 2012, a person claiming an exemption from sales tax on the purchase of certain items used in the production of agricultural and timber products is required to have a Texas Agriculture and Timber Exemption Registration Number (Ag/Timber Number).

The Texas 82nd Regular Legislative Session, passed House Bill 268 that requires a person claiming an exemption from sales tax on such purchases must provide a registration number issued by the Comptroller of Public Accounts on the exemption certificate issued to the seller.

For you to continue to claim your sales tax exemption, it is imperative that you follow the procedures on the attached website and acquire your exemption registration number.

We have the paper forms available at both stores and will be happy to assist any of our customers with filing for this registration number.  We can help you with either the paper or the online filing.  To file online our customer must have an email address.

For more information about who and what activities will need this registration number, please visit one of the following State of Texas websites:






Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter